Alaska Budget Report Under New Ownership
Rebecca Braun, publisher-editor of the Alaska Budget Report, is pleased to announce the pending transfer of the report to new ownership. Frank Ameduri, with a long background in journalism and state government in Alaska, will be the new publisher-editor beginning in January.
Your eyes and ears in the capital
The Alaska Budget Report ensures that important developments don’t slip by unnoticed. We provide insight into the “he-said-she-said” of political bickering with original research and analysis. We translate the many languages of political obfuscation, including but not limited to Gibberish, Double-talk and Fine-print.
Some of the information we provide that you won’t find anywhere else:
- Transitions: who’s moving into and out of high-level state jobs and why, and what the public is paying them
- Coverage of important legislative hearings the daily press misses
- Unique easy-to-read “winners and losers” analysis of budget proposals
- Non-partisan commentary and analysis on political developments
- In-depth interviews with key leaders, with full transcripts available
Download Sample Issues
- Alaska Budget Report – April 7th, 2011
- Alaska Budget Report – February 3rd, 2011
- Alaska Budget Report – February 18th, 2010
- Alaska Budget Report – April 7th, 2010
The news source of choice for Alaska’s leaders
Called a “must-read” by Alaska’s movers and shakers, the Alaska Budget Report is written for those with a higher level of interest in the legislative process than the average newspaper reader. Subscribers include federal, state and local government agencies, lobbyists, non-profit organizations, businesses, news agencies, and legislators. Our renewal rate is over 90 percent.
More than 20 years of coverage
ABR Company, owned by Rebecca Braun, publishes and edits the report. Braun started as a reporter with the Alaska Budget Report in 2000 and co-edited the report with Gregg Erickson for three years. Erickson began publishing the report in 1991 and remains actively involved as a reporter and editor-at-large.